[hylafax-users] Hylafax on SunBlade 100 ?

For many years we've run a Hylafax server on a Sparc-5 and then on a
Sparc-20, using Hylafax-4.0pl2 and a Multitech MT1932ZDX modem with
Solaris-2.6.  Since changing the server machine to a SunBlade 100
running Solaris-8 4/01:

  1. We have to use xon/xoff flow-control instead of the Hylafax
  default cts/rts flow-control.  The latter results in no error
  messages from Hylafax, but sent faxes are cut off about 2-inches
  from the top of the page.

  2. On the SunBlade 100, when the modem reinitializes itself after
  sending a fax, Hylafax sends out an email message reporting that the
  modem appears to be `wedged.'  The modem is in fact correctly
  initialized.  I tried changing the MaxSetupAttempts to 3 and
  ModemResetDelay to 4000 to eliminate these bogus error messages,
  with no apparent effect.

I'd welcome suggestions on how to get cts/rts hardware flow control
working for Hylafax on the Sunblade 100, and how to eliminate the
bogus messages about the modem being wedged.  Other than those two
minor problems, Hylafax does appear to work reliably for sending and
receiving faxes on the SunBlade 100.

I have not yet subscribed to this mailing list, and would appreciate
copies of replies by direct email.  Thanks,

--

Ronald Florence			http://members.home.net/18james