[hylafax-users] Sending faxes sends only first page LOTS of times

Hi,

We have a server set-up as follows

RH 6.2
HylaFAX 4.1 beta3
Rockwell based modem.

Here's my story..

We started with a send only server. This was based on the earlier version of 4.0p12 server software. It has worked with the modem set-up as class 2 for 2 years faultlessly.

We wanted to add a received fax to the server. I implemented this so we would receive a fax and email it off to a group of people on our mail server. This worked after I changed the modem to a class 1 setting. Prior to this it would not handshake (phase b errors). It seemed to work great.

Around this time I noticed the occasional outgoing fax was sending the first page more than once.

Thinking it was a problem with the software version, I opted to upgrade to the later version of server software as mentioned above. This caused problems as the Libtiff utils had to be upgraded and it appeared to 'break' our tif 2 email system. The images were a grey page in Kodak imaging (windows clients).

Re wrote the scripts to send a pdf on received faxes to email. Works great.

Noticed more and more faxes only sending the first page over and over.

When I telnet into the 4559 port on my server I was intrigued by this result

220 galaxy.bandm.co.nz server (HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.0pl2) ready.

Hang on a sec! I did an upgrade, where has it gone to? (question 1)

Question 2 Is this related to the multiple pages being sent?
Question 3 What would cause multiple copies to be sent.

What is the servertacing value I should be using to get decent logs?

Sorry this is so long winded

Warren Wagener

This email and any files sent with it are confidential and intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity to which they are addressed.

If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender.

This footnote also confirms that all e-mail messages and attachments sent to
or by the B&M Group are scanned for viruses for your safety by Mailscan..

www.mailscan.deerfield.com