Re: [hylafax-users] sambafax and multiple page documents

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001 14:43:48 +0100, you wrote:

>> path should point to a "public" 1777 dir.
>> If you're on linux you'll probably already have /var/spool/samba for this
>Ok, I changed it to this, however, when I restarted lpd it warned that the
>permissions were 01777 and not 0700. By the looks of it, it has changed the
>permissions to 0700:
in smb.conf
path = /var/spool/samba  (1777)
printer = faxlp
in /etc/printcap
faxlp -> /var/spool/lpd/faxlp
that is, 2 different dirs; lpd should not touch /var/spool/samba because it
doesn't know anything about it.

>> Check that you didn't set up postscript type to eps (eps will
>> print 1 page only) in printer driver properties.
>It was indeed set to EPS, so I set it to "Optimize for portability" and
>removed the -r from the printer config. I had to chmod the /var/spool/samba
>directory back to 01777 otherwise samba was unable to use it, then I tried a
>test print with a 2 page word document.
>Even viewing the direct file in /var/spool/samba/ showed only the first page
But if you removed -r, then in /var/spool/samba you found an old (eps) file?

what does
file /var/spool/samba/filename
say?

--