Re: [hylafax-users] Faxcron not removing received faxes

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001 09:33:29 -0500, you wrote:

>  /usr/sbin/faxcron | mail -s "HylaFAX Usage Report" faxmaster
>I know that the script is executing correctly because I'm getting the
>generated reports.  According the to faxcron man page, one of the actions
>performed by fax cron is to:
>  "remove received facsimile that are 7 days or older"
>So why then do I have received faxes in ~/hylafax/recvq that are older than
>7 days?  Today being August 8th, I should not still have those 3 faxes
>received on July 31st.

faxcron is just a shell script, so you can execute it with
sh -x
and see what happens.

It does
find -mtime +7
so go into /var/spool/hylafax and try
find recvq -type f -mtime +7 -print
and see which files get printed

Note that you chose a bad example, 0731 0808, "find" may round something; I'd be
worried if the days passed were at least 9.

$ touch -t 200107312359 file1
$ find -mtime +7
$ ls -l file1
-rw-rw-r--   1 go       go              0 Jul 31 23:59 file1
$ date
Wed Aug  8 18:33:07 CEST 2001
$ find -mtime +6
./file1