Re: [hylafax-users] (no subject)

"Paul A. Franz, P.E." schrieb:

> At 01:01 AM 7/29/2001Wait & Find sez:
> >Can I use ADSL & hylafax instead of common fax modem
> >& hylafax?
> >thx
> >--
>
> FAXes are sent and received with a fax modem. This is unrelated to ADSL.
> You may send faxes whether or not you have ADSL (presumably to connect to
> your ISP). In fact you can have two fax modems. One to connect to the
> Internet and the other to send and receive faxes. Or you can send and
> receive faxes on both modems and not be connected to the Internet.

Most ADSL-Router supports a backup ISDN-Line. If you can get a Linux
CAPI for that "ISDN-Adapter" you may get it to work. Despite the
promises the marketing does i don´t believe that the ADSL-Router is
capable of sending faxes over something like VoIP.

--
Andreas Hödle (Systemadministration)

Kühn & Weyh Software GmbH
Linnestr. 1-3