Re: [hylafax-users] receive faxes

Matt Fair [hylafax-users] <23/07/01 01:16 -0500>:

> In the /etc/inittab I changed my entry to:
> mo:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyS1

> Has anyone gotten this to work on a debian system?

Yes, it works under Debian potato 2.2r3! I compiled Hylafax 4.1 from
sources because I didn't want to install the deb packages under
unstable, too much changes in my potato were implied! it has worked
since the very beginning for outgoing and incoming faxes. My inittab
is as follow (I want Hylafax to run as runlevel 4):

S0:4:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty ttyLT0

(ttyLT0 is the device name of my awful Lucent winmodem, I had to
compile the support for it)

Ciao

Vittorio