Re: [hylafax-users] inbound fax problem

At 08:07 AM 7/16/01 -0700, greg chichkanoff wrote:
>Hi Lee,
>I was wondering if 'distinctive ring' has to be setup
>in any way to work with HylaFAX.

Yes.

> Is there a standard
>voice ring that it will answer to?

Yes, but why would you want HylaFAX to answer voice calls?  I thought you
said you only wanted it to answer fax calls.

> Also, is there any
>setup required to answer data calls if this service is
>also used for that?

faxgetty can pass the call off to mgetty.  You can configure that.

Note: I can tell you what HylaFAX is supposed to do here.  But don't look
to me for help on this because I don't use distinctive ring, and I don't
use faxgetty to handle non-fax calls.

Lee.