Re: [hylafax-users] class1 modem and modem capabilities

On Sat, 14 Jul 2001 11:32:01 -0600, you wrote:

>>My class1 modems attached to HylaFAX advertise 2-D MR as they maximum
>encoding
>>when receiving.
>>When HylaFAX contacts a real fax machine that claims it supports 2-D MMR it
>>records "supports2DEncoding:yes" in info/XXX, that is the same thing it
>records
I don't know if the this matters, however, I've seen that the specs of my modem
say ".... fax G3 support..."

tiffinfo says that 1-D and 2-D MR are group3, and 2-D MMR (tested on received
tiff's with RecvDataFormat 2-D MMR for postreceving conversion) are group 4.

Maybe there's some weird reason that prevents hardware (modem) to carry some
kind of encoded data?

--
giulioo@pobox.com