[hylafax-users] Fw: [hylafax-devel] Re: Re: Re: Distinctive ring & cid

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 12:31:02AM -0400, Network wrote:
> > I don't think we're on the same page here.
> > Yes, it only answers what you tell it to.
> > It may only *log data* from RingFax calls, though.  If you're using
> > both RingFax and RingVoice to allow you to specify both strings, then
> > you might expect this.
>
> > > Our set-up is ....
> > > One phone line with primary and secondary numbers (one pair of wires)
> > > hylafax is configured to only answer/pick-up on the secondary line via,
> > > RingFax:                RING1
> > > However. hylafax will and faithfully does log cnid data from the primary
> > > number/ring -and- will *not* see/log any cnid data from the secondary
number
> > > which hylafax answers in order to receive a fax.  We also use hylafax to
> send
> > > faxes :))  That's all we use hylafax for.  Nothing else.
> >
> > Ok.  I suspect, but cannot prove without checking, that FaxGetty
> > wouldn't log the CNID for any call it wasn't going to answer.

MR. JRA., Dear sir;  :)
What you stated above is in fact being done and working.  Hylafax and/ or
faxgetty is logging the cnid data on the voice line= primary number.
hylafax/faxgetty is *not* seeing/logging any cid-data from incoming calls on the
secondary/distictive ring number which it answers and receives faxes on.  :o)

> > Try *changing* RingFax to RING2, restarting everything, and seeing if
> > you now get CNID logged only on *that* ring's calls.

I'm sorry sir, this too doesn't solve the current problem.  BTW, do you remember
me stating; I had juggled or tried various ring_strings in the past for RingFax?
In any case it didn't work then.  I have switched it again (as-per your
suggestion)= not working now.
-
 This is a healthy discussion on this issue however, I'm getting the consensus
 that this hasn't been tested with distinctive ring (cid-data logging).