Re: [hylafax-users] modem cannot be detect automatically

At 09:31 AM 6/7/01 +0900, Sumiya Sakoda wrote:
>;; Lee = Lee Howard <faxguy@server.deanox.com>
>Lee> What chipset is the modem?
>
>I don't know how to check the chipset.
>00:0f.0 Modem: PCTel Inc: Unknown device 7897 (rev 02) (prog-if 04
[Hayes/16750])
>        Subsystem: PCTel Inc: Unknown device 0001

From this you can see that it's a PCTel chipset.

>The result of the AT+FCLASS=? command was :
>ATQ0V1E1
>OK
>AT+FCLASS=?
>ERROR
>(snip)

From this you can tell that the modem driver is retarded.  Run minicom and
please reply with the responses:

AT+FCLASS?
AT+FCLASS=?
ATI0
ATI3

I'll venture to bet that it works like the Lucent winmodem... i.e. only
with the Class assignment, nothing else.  Gimme the results of those
commands, and I'll tell you how to do it.

Lee.