Re: [hylafax-users] modem cannot be detect automatically

Thanks Lee

;; Lee = Lee Howard <faxguy@server.deanox.com>

> I have three modems and three machines.
> I've already installed Hylafax with two modems on two machines.
> I managed to do that, but, so far it does work well.

Lee> What doesn't work well?

Sorry for my poor English.

I have three different modems and three different machines.
I have already set up for two modems on two machines.
THEY WORKS WELL AND NO PROBLEM.

Then I try the third one, I cannot configure modem for Hylafax.

Lee> Yeah, this is definately a "winmodem", but it looks like there are linux
Lee> drivers available for it.

I have CD-ROM including linux driver with modem.

Lee> What chipset is the modem?

I don't know how to check the chipset.
But I did the next command.

# /sbin/lspci -v
(snip)
00:0f.0 Modem: PCTel Inc: Unknown device 7897 (rev 02) (prog-if 04 [Hayes/16750])
        Subsystem: PCTel Inc: Unknown device 0001
        Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 11
        I/O ports at 1000
(snip)

Lee> If it's a Lucent chipset,

Maybe you're right, because some web site says that.

Lee> then all you need to do is use the class-type line in the config.

What do you mean by 'the class-type line in the config' ?

When I do faxaddmodem, the result is
(snip)
Probing for best speed to talk to modem : 38400 OK

The result of the AT+FCLASS=? command was :
ATQ0V1E1
OK
AT+FCLASS=?
ERROR
(snip)

But modem manual says it is class1 modem. so, I tried copy from
/var/spool/fax/config/class1 to /var/spool/fax/etc/config.ttyS15
(/dev/ttyS15 is vendor recommend.) and did faxmodem ttyS15

After that, I do sendfax, then the machine was freezed.
Any idea?

TIA

--

                                  Sumiya Sakoda <sakoda@toyoake.or.jp>