Re: [hylafax-users] Modem

Has anybody tried the Multitech internal modems?  For the external ones are
people using class 2?

A few people have suggested using class 1 as a way of dealing with MPS
problems.  Is it generally true that class 1 faxes produce a less reliable
image.  I was looking at the transaction report from a Canon fax machine
that I have.  The only jobs being sent using G3 were from me (my hylafax
server) ...all other faxes used ECM.  The faxes that I sent always had some
squished line here or there ..like 3 lines in a four page fax....(enough
that my users did not like it) All the other transmitions had no significant
image problems

Dean