Re: [hylafax-users] Waiting for modem to come ready.

Richard Reina wrote:

> I was able to send one fax.  All following attempts gave me:
> waiting for modem to come ready.  From the archives I learned that a
> solution for this is to run faxgetty before starting hylafax. So I
> started ( or tried to start faxgetty) /usr/sbin/faxgetty /dev/ttyS1
> then killed hfaxd and faxq.  When I ran ps aux I did not see it running
> so I tried again to start: result my shell prompt hangs. CTRL-C unwedges
> it but faxgetty still does not appear to be started.
>
> I am running redhat 7.0

It appears that Redhat 7.0 has many problems when it comes to running HylaFax.
I had similar problems and was just the way the hylafax was installed IE rpm or
tar.gz. I compiled it manually and got it to work. After tring the rpm

But the problem I still have is that ALL faxes received are incorrect file
format so they can't be viewed or printed or anything. But when it comes to
send using the provided coverpage all goes well but I can't change the
coverpage.

I have tried now for 2 months since I first installed the server and no luck.

Maybe someday.

David