[hylafax-users] Some HylafAX and WHFC problems

Hello every one,

I have few problems with HylafAX and WHFC, here is the situation.
I am using Redhat 7.0 with hylafax-4.1beta2-2rh7.i386.rpm. Hylafax is
installed correctly and I can send / receive faxes using the command line.
I can even view received faxed in X-windows.

Here is the list of problems:

1-
We are in a small office with about 5 windows clients and Samba
is also working fine. What I did according to the howto was
to share /var/spool/fax/recvq so every incoming fax is viewable in the
Network neibouhood icon in the windows machines. The problem is every
fax that is received has the ownership uucp.uucp fax file name.
In oreder to view the file I have to change the ownership to
smbuser.smbuser and then the file becomes viewable in the windows boxes.
My question is how can this process be done automatically, so every
single file has the correct ownership.

2-WHCF problem:
I insatlled WHCF in the windows 98 box and I can connect to the HylaFAX
server, The problem is when I send a fax, there is a conversion problem.
The fax never goes out and I am not too sure how to fix it.
I get an e-mail that :
Your facsimile job to 92332266 was not sent because document conversion
to facsimile failed.  The output from the converter program was:
Check any PostScript documents for non-standard fonts and invalid
constructs.

I even tried to send a text file and it tells me it is gone but the
receiver never got the fax. If I send the same file by using the
command line, the fax goes properly and the receiver gets it.

3-My Other question is how is the format of the cover sheet is supposed
to be in WHCF, is it something.ps?

Any help to resolve the problem is really welcome.

Regards,

Ali

--
This e-mail is sent by using Linux Redhat and Pine.