Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax & SuSE

At 09:46 PM 3/4/01 +0100, Massimo Arnaudo wrote:
>Hi everybody,
>i' d like to start on my SuSE 7.0 (kernel 2.2.16, Kde2 2.1) the HylaFax
server.
>Now, before to start, i don' t know what way i have to walk:
>
>a) HylaFax 4.1-beta2-145.src.rpm ( found in the SuSE Server) + SuSEfax
>b) Hylafax 4.1-beta3.rpm (for RedHat) + SuSEfax
>c) HylaFax 4.1-beta3.tar.gz + SuSEfax
>d) HylaFax 4.1-beta3.tar.gz + Kernel 2.4.2 + SuSEfax
>
>Can you suggest me the better choice?

Whatever you do, go beta3.  My preference is to build the RPM myself (if
one's not available).  You could do this by taking SuSE's SRPM and then
alter the spec file a bit, replace the old source with beta3, and then
build the RPM and install HylaFAX via that RPM.

Oh, and while you're at it, you could dump the resulting RPM and SRPM into
the incoming directory on ftp.hylafax.org and notify Darren of it - then
others could use it, too.

As for the kernel version, HylaFAX doesn't really care too much, but I
really have liked the 2.4.x kernels for ATA100 support, among other things.

Lee.