Re: [hylafax-users] Hayes Accura 56K Modems -Resend

On 28 Oct 2000, Dmitry Bely wrote:

> Andrew McRory <amacc@iron-bridge.net> writes:
>
> > ModemRate:              115200          # max rate for DCE-DTE communication
>
> Might be too fast for fax mode. I tend to use 19200 for all modems.
>
> > ModemFlowControl:       rtscts          # XON/XOFF flow control assumed
>
> Very doubtful that it works flawlessly. For most modems
>
> > ModemRecvFillOrder:     MSB2LSB         # bit order of received facsimile
> > ModemSetupAACmd:        AT+FAA=1        # enable in current class
>
> Are you really using adaptive amswer feature? If not, comment this line, it
> will make incoming connections faster and more reliable.
>
> > Class2RecvDataTrigger:  ""              # character sent to modem to start recv
> > Class2XmitWaitForXON:   yes             # if true, wait for XON before send
>
> Useless lines (these are default values); can be ommited.
>
> Hope to hear from you soon,

Thanks fo yo feedback. This config does work flawlessly in more that 15
machines so far and for over 1-year! We configure it with such a high DTE
rate because it recieves incoming calls as well as faxes.

Regards,

Andrew McRory - President/CTO        amacc@iron-bridge.net *****************
The PC Doctor, Inc.                  www.pcdr.com            850-575-7213 **
Iron Bridge Communications, Inc.     www.iron-bridge.net     850-575-0779 **
Contributed RPMS for RedHat and Caldera   ftp://ftp.iron-bridge.net/pub   **