Re: [hylafax-users] Hayes Accura 56K Modems -Resend

Andrew McRory <amacc@iron-bridge.net> writes:

> > > ModemRate:              115200          # max rate for DCE-DTE communication
> >
> > Might be too fast for fax mode. I tend to use 19200 for all modems.
> >
> > > ModemFlowControl:       rtscts          # XON/XOFF flow control assumed
> >
> > Very doubtful that it works flawlessly. For most modems
> >
> > > ModemRecvFillOrder:     MSB2LSB         # bit order of received facsimile
> > > ModemSetupAACmd:        AT+FAA=1        # enable in current class
> >
> > Are you really using adaptive amswer feature? If not, comment this line, it
> > will make incoming connections faster and more reliable.
> >
> > > Class2RecvDataTrigger:  ""              # character sent to modem to start recv
> > > Class2XmitWaitForXON:   yes             # if true, wait for XON before send
> >
> > Useless lines (these are default values); can be ommited.
> > > === end =================================================================
> >
> > Hope to hear from you soon,
>
> Thanks fo yo feedback. This config does work flawlessly in more that 15
> machines so far and for over 1-year! We configure it with such a high DTE
> rate because it recieves incoming calls as well as faxes.

What about sending?

OK, I can believe that your modem automatically activates hardware flow
control having AT+FCLASS=2, but that is rather unusual sitiation ... But
if you are accept incoming data calls, ModemHardFlowCmd parameter is
*required*. Without it the reliable work is impossible: other software can
leave the the modem in an unpredictable state, power-on state (NVRAM
profile) may be different etc.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Dmitry