Re: [hylafax-users] Courier I-Modem ISDN/V.34 Problem

Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder@scheeder.de> writes:

> Hi again,
> in this situation i would try two things in this order:
> 1.) look if i can find a firmware-update for the modem, often
> modems with old firmware get delivered.
> If this does not fix the problem I would guess it is damaged.
> 2.) go to your dealer and let him replace the modem.
> Either by transport or it is one of those devices dieing after
> a very short period of time due to bad components.
> This happens more often than many people imagine.

No. The real pronlem is that older Hylafax version just do not propely
reset the modem :-)

To CÈdric:

try to add the following to your config.modem:

ModemResetCmds: "ATZ\nAT"

That is not needed for newer Hylafax versions, because they issue ATZ
themselves (ModemSoftResetCmd).

Hope to hear from you soon,
Dmitry