Re: [hylafax-users] Problem with Courier I-Modem

* Dmitry Bely <dbely@mail.ru> [20001023 14:21]:
=>CIdric BOLE-RICHARD <c.bolerichard@fabi.fr> writes:
=>
=>> Mail return : Modem on /dev/cua0 appears wedged
=>>
=>> Faxstat return : Waiting for modem to come ready
=>>
=>> My modem's configuration is incorrect ?
=>>
=>> What can i do to resolve this problem ?
=>
=>Possibly the wrong device (using of /dev/cua* is depreciated). Check if
=>it's possible to init the modem via minicom. Modem should respond "OK" to
=>ATZ.

Maybe he's using FreeBSD???
I use /dev/cuaa0 (com1) and /dev/cuaa1 (com2) and the only time I've seen
that message is when the Hylafax (or whatever handles communication with
the modem - faxmodem/faxgetty?) is not able to initialize the modem. So is
the modem on?? Is it on the specified serial port?? Phone line okay??
FreeBSD specific - I know nothing about Linux ;-)

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington  Inter-Connect Ltd.,
wash@iconnect.co.ke  5th Flr Furaha Plaza