Re: [hylafax-users] Faxing from Samba

Hi,
just to show the complexity of this field:

you are probably right stating postscript is postscript, but there
are more ways to print a line in postscript:
one way is to tell the position, font and fontsize for the complete
line,
which is the way you need to find the number and parse it from the file,
and the other way is to place every single character of the text itself,
which leads to an nearly unparsable postscriptfile,
and the third way which i've found in postscriptfiles produced by
windows is to rasterize the text and put the imagedata in the
postscriptfile,
which makes parsing completly impossible.
Which of these possibiltis you find depends on the program and the
printerdriver, sometimes you even find a mixture of those posibilities
in one file......
Christoph