Re: [hylafax-users] The best ISDN Modem ?

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 ignace.suy@dutchtone.nl wrote:

> Cedric,
>
> I do not hink you CAN fax with a ISDN modem. ISDN is not suited for the
> realtime control you need with the faxprotocols - at least this was the
> excuse i got a year ago.

hmm, the CAPI2 Standard contains a section about faxing over isdn.
Also, you can use an hybrid like the elsa TLV/34 to fax over isdn (tough
it is a bit pricey)

Another possibility (tougfh even more pricey) would be using active isdn
cards.
AFAIK the AVM/B1 and eicon diva support faxing in linux.

Also AVM has recently put up a CAPI version for their passive FRITZ cards,
and from my experiments so far it works nicely for faxing

--
Arne Hueggenberg <hueggenberg@ID-PRO.de> (Products & Development)
* ID-PRO Deutschland GmbH Arnsberg * Moehnestrasse 11-17 * D-59755 Arnsberg