Re: [hylafax-users] science fiction??

>> This can be done, but I'd say that it would be easier to get this done
>> using Caller-ID information than it would be using incoming number called
>> since more modems and phone companies seem to support Caller-ID functions
>> than the other.  (Now if the same people send different faxes to different
>> "coworkers" at different times, then Caller-ID won't help much.)
>
>Nope.  The *real* solution here is OCR software to read the addressee
>out of the incoming cover sheet.  But progress on free OCR software is
>glacial, or slower.  It's really not an easy problem...

Not that anyone cares, and believe me, I'm not soliciting it, but I
received an announcement yesterday from Deerfield that RelayFax 3 supports
this OCR delivery.  Now, this would be useless in my office here because
all faxes are handled by me anyway, and whether or not I am the intended
recipient, I intend on seeing them.

Anyway, is this OCR feature common among commercial fax software?  I
suppose that the lag here is in the inavailability of good open-source OCR
software, right?

Lee.