Re: [hylafax-users] Connecting External USR v.90 modem

Thanks Dmitry.
I applied the modifications you and Lee provided and it seems that the log
file has fewer errors.  I am still, however having trouble.  I ran another
test and have attached the session log.

As for the your comment regarding flow control, how do I configure to use
it?  Do I just edit the proper line(s) in the config.ttySx file?  I think
these are the relevant lines:

# Modem-related stuff: should reflect modem command interface
# and hardware connection/cabling (e.g. flow control).
#
ModemType:              Class2.0        # use this to supply a hint
#ModemRate:             19200           # max rate for DCE-DTE communication
#ModemFlowControl:      xonxoff         # XON/XOFF flow control assumed
#ModemSetupDTRCmd:      AT&D2           # setup so DTR drop resets modem
#ModemSetupDCDCmd:      AT&C1           # setup so DCD reflects carrier (or
not

For the sake of completeness, I have included the entire config file as an
attachment.

Also I have modified the following lines in config.ttyS1:

Class2NRCmd:            AT+FNR=1,1,1,0
Class2BUGCmd:           AT+FBU=0
Class2DCCQueryCMD:      "!(0,1),(0-7),(0-4),(0-2),(0),(0),(0),(0-7)"

I'm going to look into that noisy line theory.  I'll be pretty annoyed if
that is the case.

Cheers,
Rob