[hylafax-users] Connecting External USR v.90 modem

I'm trying to connect my US Robotics V.90 external fax/modem to COM2 on Red
Hat 6.0.  When I run probemodem, it claims it cannot insure that I have
exclusive access to the modem.  I can't dial out over minicom either.  Any
ideas?  statserial /dev/ttyS1 implies that the modem is there, I just can't
use it as a modem per se.

When I try running cu -l ttyS1

I get the following:

cu: open (/dev/ttyS1): Permission denied
cu: ttyS1: Line in use

If I change the permissions on /dev/ttyS1 to crw-rw-rw- , I can connect with
cu, but none of my commands get a response and I can't exit.

Robby Tanner B.E., B.Sc.
Project Engineer
Wardrop Technologies, Inc.
203-2121 Airport Dr.