Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax Font Troubles

"Tanner, Robby" schrieb:

> Most of my modem and Hylafax install SEEMED to go without a hitch.  I
> updated libtiff to the latest version and have installed mawk.  mgetty was
> also uninstalled as per hylafaxes recommendation.  That is, until I tried to
> the test fax as outlined in the documentation.
>
> The test was to issue the following command:
>
> "sendfax -n -D -d 123-4567 testpage"
>
> I have separated the lines with a blank so that they will fit better on the
> screen.
> Error(s) follow:
>
> /usr/sbin/textfmt: No font metric information found for "Courier-Bold".
>
> Usage: /usr/sbin/textfmt [-1] [-2] [-B] [-c] [-D] [-f fontname]
> [-F fontdir(s)] [-m N] [-o #] [-p #] [-r] [-U]
> [-Ml=#,r=#,t=#,b=#] [-V #] files... >out.ps
>
> Default options: -f Courier -1 -p 11bp -o 0
>
> Error converting data; command was
> "/usr/sbin/textfmt -B -f Courier-Bold
> -Ml=0.4in -p 11 -s
> default /tmp//sndfaxh4KWyD </public/rob/hylafax/testfax.txt"
>
> According to a HylaFAX FAQ article
> (http://www.hylafax.org/HylaFAQ/Q210.html) "textfmt cannot locate a file
> called "Courier-Bold" in the AFM directory".  It appears that my fonts are
> in ./usr/share/fax/afm/.  How do I determine which specific directory the
> HylaFAX client programs expect to find the AFM files in?
> As far as I know, I didn't tamper with any of those settings but how do I
> verify this?
> Thanks to any who can help, and all that try.

put
FontDir: YourFontPath (should be /usr/share/fax/afm
in hyla.conf

HIH
matthias

maybe you do not have the right fonts installed try to get them from:

http://www.rge.com/pub/communications/hylafax/source/

afm.tar.gz and untar the file in your afm dir.

> Regards,
> Rob Tanner B.E., B.Sc.
> Project Engineer
> Wardrop Technologies, Inc.
> 203-2121 Airport Dr.
> Saskatoon, SK
> Canada
> S7L 6W5
>
> Phone: (306) 244-4712
> Fax:     (306) 244-4754

HAGOS eG                 phone: +49 711 7880592
Matthias Reich             fax: +49 711 7880599
Industriestr. 62           web: http://www.hagos.de
D-70565 Stuttgart         mail: rei@hagos.de
Germany