Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFAX on FreeBSD, was: Help

Lee Howard wrote:

> >If you are willing to help me through the end stages I'll be more than
> >glad, because then I may be able to come up with something for FreeBSD
> >users. As opposed to personal faxing, I'm geared towards setting up a
> >cell. The only problem I have is I am not doing anything I am not sure
> >about. That is why it will take me longer to complete this project without
> >help.
> >I seriously need what they call 'hand-holding' to finish the project.
> >It only happens that I am unlucky - that this thing is not a FreeBSD thing
> >but I'll appreciate any help from someone like you.
>
> Sheesh, such grovelling... look, about a week ago (interested in your
> dilemma) I managed to install FreeBSD on a system.  I can't say that I
> particularly like the way that FreeBSD installs via ftp, and I had a fair
> amount of confusion with its installer in general.  I don't think I'm too
> stupid to know, either, as I install a fair number of different Linuxes
> regularly.
>
> So, if you provide me with (show me linked) an ISO image of a FreeBSD
> installation CD which I can download and burn to CD (I couldn't find one
> easily myself), then I will do what I can... no promises.  I haven't the
> foggiest idea what this UNIX glue is that you keep mentioning, though.  Do
> you get that at a hardware store ;-)
>
> Lee.

I am just starting the configuration of a TPC cell of my own on
Linux.  I haven't gotten very far yet, because I haven't had the time.

It seems that Lutula is looking for some scripts to put exim together
with hylafax and tpc.  Although, I think tpc provides such scripts on
their site, but I haven't gotten to that step yet.

Maybe we can all do thing together.

Mike