[hylafax-users] Problem sending faxes to shared lines (voice/fax)

Hi!

I have big problems sending faxes to shared phonelines (voice/fax) and to
certain fax machines that have a voice part (like a mailbox) integrated.

I searched all kinds of ressources on the web and espeically this mailing
list for more information on this but I found no appropriate solution
(although some users of Hylafax seem to have this problem).

The problems that occur are, that sending to "casual" fax machines works
fine. But sending to fax machines that have the voice/fax combination
mentioned above fail with either the message "BUSY" or "NO CARRIER
DETECTED".

- I tried to change modem register S7 to set it to 75 or even more seconds
(default value is 60s). The modem even sends the "NO CARRIER DETECTED"
message much sooner than the 60s.

- I tried to omit the "@" sign at the end of the dial-string

- I tried to use two or three "@" signs at the end of the dial-string

- I tried all kinds of ATX-commands (but with just the result that there was
no way to distinguish between "BUSY" and "NO CARRIER").

I found no way to get through. The phone rings on the other side. The
machine answers and the phone connection gets hung up (the remote machine
sends it's own [different from the usual one] ringing tone for two times
before you can here the fax machine sending the identification tones).

Is there any way to ignore and wait for the fax machine sending it's
identification tones?

My modem is an ELSA 56k Internet (which almost equals the ELSA 56k Basic).

I really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Michael Volk