Re: [hylafax-users] Caldera faxsetup problem with useradd

On Saturday, September 09, 2000, at 3:17:02 AM, Lee Howard wrote:
> Tim Rice had a better idea of writing the "fax" user directly rather than
> through useradd.  That's functional fix.  See my reply to him on -users.

I must register my disagreement with my esteemed colleague... Use The
API, Luke; you don't always know what useradd is doing: specifically,
*it* knows about PAM (shadow passwords, MD5, and maybe even RADIUS),
and you don't.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff