Re: [hylafax-users] Caldera faxsetup problem with useradd

I haven't tried the patch yet since I've loaded Caldera 2.4 instead, so
forgive me of that, but since the problem was with the useradd program not
recognizing the -o option, wouldn't it be more efficient to simply remove
the -o option in the case of this useradd version?  Like by changing:

addPasswd()
{
	useradd -c 'Facsimile Agent' -d $4 -u $2 -o -g $3 $1
}

to (in natural language):

addPasswd()
{
	if the output of 'useradd -v' is "useradd version 1.7" then
	set variable UA_OPT="" otherwise UA_OPT="-o"
	useradd -c 'Facsimile Agent' -d $4 -u $2 $UA_OPT -g $3 $1
}

(I'm not the best bash programmer, obviously.  How would that above be coded?)

Anyway, it appears that Caldera is using a version of useradd which
supports -o in 2.4, so the problem shouldn't get any bigger than it already
is.  However, 2.4 seems to break the 'hylafax start' script... so the saga
continues...

Lee.