[hylafax-users] Caldera faxsetup problem with useradd

I'm testing HylaFAX on Caldera OpenLinux eServer 2.3, and I'm having the
following error when I run faxsetup:
------------------------
You do not appear to have a "fax" user in the password file.
HylaFAX needs this to work properly, add it [yes]?

There was a problem adding user "fax" to /etc/passwd;
the command failed with:

"useradd: illegal option -- o
usage:  useradd [-u uid] [-g group] [-m] [-d home] [-s shell] [-r rootdir]
                [-e expire dd/mm/yyyy] [-f inactive] name
        useradd -D
        useradd -v "

HylaFAX will not work until you have corrected this problem.
------------------------
It appears that Caldera uses a different useradd than others (i.e. RedHat).
 Caldera's useradd options are:

[root@metroid hylafax]# useradd
usage:  useradd [-u uid] [-g group] [-m] [-d home] [-s shell] [-r rootdir]
                [-e expire dd/mm/yyyy] [-f inactive] name
        useradd -D
        useradd -v
[root@metroid hylafax]# useradd -v
useradd version 1.7
[root@metroid hylafax]#

Has anybody encountered this already and made a fix?  I did search through
the archives.  It works just fine if you 'useradd fax' and *then* run
faxsetup and allow it to adjust the user settings.  It would be nice if
this worked without the (minimal, yes) hassle, though.

Lee Howard