Re: [hylafax-users] Heeeellllpppp! :-)

On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 04:18:11PM -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
[ that's me :-) ]
> I'm at a site, and I've just installed dynip, and had the provider of
> the DNS for the domain CNAME hylafax.changes.com back to the Dynip
> domain name.
>
> Of course, hfaxd is now answering as cil-fax.dynip.com, and all my
> clients won't work.  Anyone got any idea how to force the server to lie
> about it's name, so everything will go back to normal?
>
> (HylaFAX may be a tad touchy in split-horizon environments. :-)

It appears I'm wrong.  The clients *on* the server don't appear to give
a damn; for some reason, the other machine lost the ability to resolve
the name; changing FAXSERVER to the IP address of the server fixed the
problem.

My apologies for the false alarm, folks.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://baylink.pitas.com                +1 727 804 5015