Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax always kills faxq and hfaxd

On Sat, 26 Aug 2000 02:46:19 -0600, you wrote:

>Hi.  For testing purposes, I tried installing (compiling) and configuring
>HylaFAX (CVS-20000825) on a Slackware Linux 7.1 (full-install) system.  I

>The HylaFAX installation adds appropriate entries into /etc/services, which
>I believe calls on /usr/local/sbin/hylafax - however, I think that this
?
/etc/services should just be entries like
hylafax tcp/4559
..

>hylafax script is flawed (or my installation isn't correct), because:

If you look at the script "start" section you see that
====
case $1 in
'start')
        if $IS_ON fax && test -x $FAXQ; then
            killall -15 faxq
            killall -15 hfaxd
            printf "HylaFAX:"
            if test $FAXQ_SERVER -eq 1 ; then
                $FAXQ; printf " faxq"
            fi
            if test $HFAXD_SERVER -eq 1 ; then
                $HFAXD -i $FAXPORT
            fi
            printf " hfaxd (without old protocol or SNPP support)"
            $ECHO "."
        fi
===
So there may be cases where it does stop the daemons and does not start
them (maybe it wrongly thinks they are started by inetd.conf, it sources
setup.cache and look for 2 variables), maybe you're in one of them.

>If this is something really stupid on my part, let me know.  If this is a
>HylaFAX feature, let me know, too, and I'll place it in Bugzilla.
AFAIK slackware does not use bugzilla, redhat does.

--
giulioo@pobox.com