[hylafax-users] Fax to mail, w/dedicated user lines ?

Title: Fax to mail, w/dedicated user lines ?
<Set Newbie Warning = ON>

Hi to all,

From word-of-mouth, it looks like HylaFAX is the one we need, yet one
question that comes from the requirements I was given, for which I
didn't find a definitive answer after sifting thru the FAQs:

Translated from French, it gives something like this: «There are 220
incoming phone numbers, each dedicated to a given email user. The
inbound calls are distributed over 16 modems. The fax server must be
able to automatically direct each incoming fax to the email box of the
target user.»

Is this something that can be done ? I am nothing like a telecom guru:
I understand we can receive the CALLING number, but what about the
CALLED number ? Does this need some specific hardware, and if yes is
there support for this either in HylaFAX or any plug-in around ?

Thanks for your patience and advice.

Jean Luc Damnet, Youpy France, Paris