Re: [hylafax-users] 4.1beta2 (cvs20000604) and libtiff < 3.5

  Giulio> When you cvs something you have to be lucky to cvs in the right day
:-)

*grin* that's true. It's been very stable for a long time though. Having said
that, I think Dmitry's going to be hacking on it a bit in the next few days, so
the glory days are over ;-)

  Giulio> I've had some experiences with samba-TNG, ok that was meant to be in
  Giulio> flux...
  Giulio> If I knew the HylaFAX source I could do it, since I completely ignore
  Giulio> the inner workings I cannot do it. So I wait for someone ... :-) to
cvs
  Giulio> it and tar.gz it.

We hope to have a beta-3 out in the next few weeks.

  Giulio> I'm testing rh7beta5 (pinstripe) and I modified the spec file to
adjust
  Giulio> and build on it following the new standards: new FHS macros, policies
  Giulio> for binaries stripping and man pages gzipping, no libgr, no more
  Giulio> ownership on /etc /usr....., rh style init script (OK/FAILED and
  Giulio> condrestart).

How exciting! I've already removed the libgr dependency from my internal 7rh6
version of the RPM to deal with Pinstripe, but I'd love to fold any of the
changes you've been making so long as they don't break older RedHats. Can you
send me a specfile diff?

  Giulio> Then I modified it to suit my needs: A4, no AFM links (I read
  Giulio> they are not needed anymore), configure not interactive, build as
  Giulio> unpriviledged user without any warning.

Yes, I've been wondering about the AFM links. I left it interactive to allow
people to tune their build. The unpriv build seems useful . . . details please?

  Giulio> After I completed this stuff I just wanted to port it back on rh61,
but
  Giulio> I understand I cannot do it.

I'll send you my latest RPM, which WILL do what you need (it's against newer
CVS). Then you can let me know what you did and I can fold your work back into
the RPM!

-D