Re: [hylafax-users] Receive Fax problems

  Jay> Hmmm... not as a typescript.  Let me check my install notes.
  Jay> Installed libtiff-3.5.5-2.i386.rpm.
  Jay> Tried to rpm hylafax-4_1beta2-5rh6_i386.rpm, said it needed libgr,
  Jay> libgr-devel, libgr-progs.
  Jay> Installed the first two, -progs failed on libpng-1.0.8 -- I *had*
  Jay> libpng2.

  +> There's your problem. You're unable to install libgr and the gang because
you
  +> have libpng2 installed.

  Jay> Came that way.

I an not aware of ANY redhat release that "comes that way". Please can you
clarify what release of RedHat you installed? Thanks.

  +> ?????? Redhat's official libpng RPM installed just fine for me. Why would
you
  +> be trying to install libpng-1.0.8 and where did you get that? Don't answer
  +> please.

  Jay> Sorry; I was trying to install libpng2, as noted, because libg-progs
  Jay> said I needed it.  I got it from rpmfind.  Why libgr-progs wouldn't
  Jay> say *>=* 1, I dunno.

Please recheck your notes. You stated:

  Jay> Installed the first two, -progs failed on libpng-1.0.8 -- I *had*
  Jay> libpng2.

Which is true?  No matter, nuke libpng2 since it should not be around here.

  +> I don't think that's true. I think maybe it conflicts badly with libpng2.

  Jay> Nope; the conflict messages said the files belonged to libtiff.

I'd love to see this. If it's true, the conflict must have been with libpng2,
which at the moment is a wildcard to me . . . where it came from, what it
contains, and what it clashes with.

  +> What's the problem? Remove your libpng2 RPM (which does not come with
RedHat
  +> and you must have installed as a custom thing) and install libtiff and the
  +> libgr stuff.

  Jay> Did not either.  :-)  But I'll do that anyway, and see what happens.

Can you show me the output of 'rpm -qi libpng2' please?

  Jay> Yeah.  Someone had walked off with my CD, and rpmfind appears not to
  Jay> be completely auhtoritative for the distributed rpm's.

What's wrong with ftp.redhat.com (and its mirrors)? That's all I ever use.

-Darren