Re: [hylafax-users] Receive Fax problems

On Friday, August 25, 2000, at 10:02:18 AM, Darren Nickerson wrote:
>   +> You should be able to 'rpm -Uvh' the libtiff update RPMs without error
>   +> messages. If you cannot, you have larger problems than HylaFAX.

>   Jay> If I'm not mistaken, Darren, he's having the same problem that I had:
>   Jay> a bunch of the tiff-utilities are now also found in libgr-progs.

> You're saying that RedHat have conflict between their libtiff updates and the
> libgr stuff? I've yet to duplicate the problem you mention - I certainly didn't
> have it myself. Can you "show me the problem"?

Hmmm... not as a typescript.  Let me check my install notes.

Installed libtiff-3.5.5-2.i386.rpm.
Tried to rpm hylafax-4_1beta2-5rh6_i386.rpm, said it needed libgr,
libgr-devel, libgr-progs.
Installed the first two, -progs failed on libpng-1.0.8 -- I *had*
libpng2.

Tried to install libpng-1.0.8... it said it needed rpm 4.0.  I
actually *found* an rpm 4 on rpmfind.net, but I'm not sure where it
came from, 3.0.5 is apparently current.  Gave up on libpng1.  Needed
popt to install rpm 305.  Got that.

Was going to --force libgr-progs, but finally gave up on it
since it was conflicting all over hell with libtiff.  Did a nodeps on
the hyla rpm, but ran out of minutes at that point, so I don't know
how it's actually going to run.  I'll try to get to that tonight, but
I've been feeling like hammered shit all week long, so it might be
this weekend.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff