Re: [hylafax-users] faxstat: "Waiting for modem to comeready" suddenly started appearing.

> >ModemNoFlowCmd:                AT&H0&I0&R1     # setup modem for no flow control
> >ModemHardFlowCmd:      AT&H1&I0&R2     # setup modem for hardware flow control
> >ModemSoftFlowCmd:      AT&H2&I2&R0     # setup modem for software flow control
>
> Okay, I don't own a Courier, so maybe I'm leading you off here, but on my
> Sportsters these settings result as follows:
>
> AT&H0&I0&R1
> OK
> AT&H1&I0&R2
> OK
> AT&H2&I2&R0
> ERROR

You're probably right.

> Since it looks like you're using software flow control, XONXOFF, then a
> guess is that this ERROR is your problem.  My config file gives these
> commands as listed:

It doesn't look like this is the problem right now, as changing the setting had no
effect. I guess we can always hope that it solves some other problems we have seen,
though.

> ModemNoFlowCmd:         AT&H0&I0&R1     # setup modem for no flow control
> ModemHardFlowCmd:       AT&H1&I0&R2     # setup modem for hardware flow
> control
> ModemSoftFlowCmd:       AT&H2&I2&R1     # setup modem for software flow
> control

I'm using these settings now.

"Jay R. Ashworth" wrote:

> I believe it's a Sporty difference, Lee.  The Courier on my shelf
> lists all three.  &r0, though, has to do with RTS/CTS delay, and the
> other two are Xoff stuff...

Or maybe I, or faxsetup, turned on this delay on purpose, I don't remember now. I'll
experiment more with this setting if and when I get the thing back up and running.

> You may want to try that.
>
> Oh, and if this helps you, then you owe me a brief few paragraphs on how to
> install HylaFAX on an SGI for the HylaFAX HOW-TO that I'm working on.

I don't know how much I owe you now, but maybe I'll just collect some of the notes
I've already written in the CVS log, our problem resolution archive and so on.

> If
> this doesn't help... them maybe *I'm* not the right one to be writing such
> a thing.  ;)

Well, I'm strongly suspecting a hardware problem now, but more on that later...

- Toralf