Re: [hylafax-users] usr modem - dials but won't connect

>> I've got a 3Com-USR 56K modem internal that's working fine with HylaFAX in
>> Class 2.0.  They do fine with faxing and they do fine with data.  Their
>> biggest downside is the lack of error checking and reporting in the
>> firmware - which has been the biggest difficulty in getting Class 2.0
>> modems to work with HylaFAX (because the firmware lies about its
>> capabilities).
>
>It might well have been your posting; that sounds familiar.
>
>So it's just a question of hardwiring the real caps in the config
>file, right?

Essentially.  You have to force-feed the correct AT+F response to HylaFAX.
See my config file at
http://hyla.xtremeweb.de/cgi-bin/hyla/hylaeng33.pl/Show?_id=8124&sort=DEFAUL
T&search=

And I said it wrong above.  It's really copy qualtity checking that it lies
about.

>I've suggested to Joe that adding a category to Bugzilla for reports
>of working modems, with attached config files, might be a good idea.

I hope to include a fair-sized list on the upcoming HOW-TO.

Lee.