[hylafax-users] what does "working modem" mean? was: usr modem - dials but won't connect

> I've suggested to Joe that adding a category to Bugzilla for reports
> of working modems, with attached config files, might be a good idea.

My experience is that you have to look these topics too:

- send only, if so, how many faxes/time, how many different fax machines?
- receive only?

if HF does not contain Dmitry's RTC/RTN patches, then
there are reproducable transmission problems under very specific
circumstances:
- document encoding
- modem brand
- Class x operation of modem
- 1 page fax or fax with more than 1 page
- receiving fax machine

I did some testing (before Dmitry's patch) with USR and they looked good
so i took the modem to production and this was a desaster! What i had done
was just
sending single page faxes which did not provoce the RTN problem here, not
even during
days work at my customer. But when they started to run mass faxing at night
the sent out
faxes with more than 1 page!! You can image what happened next day.

I suggest to be very specific what means "works here", otherwise it will be
of little help
for others.

Bernd