Re: [hylafax-users] multitech MT5600ZDXE/hylafax 4.0pl2

On Monday, August 14, 2000, at 12:10:30 PM, Jason Bachman wrote:
>> hmm havent tried those config settings yet, but what we're getting 100%
>> of the time with the new modems is just a page with black and white
>> lines of noise all over it, although looking at the transcripts of the
>> reception, all looks fine...

> I had that problem with my MultiTech MT3334ZDX.  It ended up that the
> ModemRecvFillOrder line was wrong.  Here are the setting that are working
> for me:

> ModemRecvFillOrder:     MSB2LSB         # bit order of received facsimile
> ModemSendFillOrder:     LSB2MSB         # bit order modem expects for
> transmit

> It seems kindof backwards,  but it works fine.  Any other setting, I get
> black lines when I receive.

Wow.  That's weird.  Yet another one for the mailing list archives,
though.  I'm beginning to suspect there are heretofore unsuspected
differences between firmware revs.

Folks: when you post this sort of info, can you include the firmware
revision of your modem?  (I think that's ATI4), but faxgetty is
probably syslogging it, if you can't find it directly.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff
The Suncoast Freenet