Re: [hylafax-users] HYLAFAX sending to wrong number

*ugh* please don't send html mail to a UNIX-y mailing list.

  Richard> I am running Redhat 6.0 with hylafax and 2 multitech modems. Just
  Richard> 2 days ago I ran into a problem where the faxes were going to a
  Richard> wrong number and I do not know why. Below you can see the portion
  Richard> of the log file where you can see the error. What appears to be
  Richard> happening but I cannot yet verify this is that the fax is going
  Richard> out to the remote id that was last received. You can see that the
  Richard> number dialed was 920 457-1742 but the number that was receiving
  Richard> the fax was 219 398-1194.

Fascinating!!

	1. What makes you think you can believe that remote CSI?
	2. Was 219 398-1194 truly the last number dialed?
	3. Can you reproduce this in any controlled way?

Looks to me like their CSI is "lying", . . . if you use a conventional fax machine who does it say it's sending to after negotiation? They probably just moved their fax machine without reconfiguring it, no?

-Darren