Re: [hylafax-users] Printing Faxes (last)

Hello,

[ first an OT note: I find it difficult to read the list since
most readers don't seem to make much use of threading, and
I also would like to see a mailing list archive operational ]

On Tue, Jun 27, 2000 at 08:13:17AM +0200, Bernd Proissl wrote:
> > Get "jhfc" http://sourceforge.net/project/filelist.php?group_id=5469, you
> > will need a Java2 Run Time and GhostView, but it will give you
> it must run with Java 1 also, it was developed under Java 1.

well, I also have the problem of printing _outgoing_ faxes, but I
really can't use any kind of interactive utility. What I need is
the following:

For every outgoing fax, I need the fax itself _AND_ the transmission
report from hylafax and print them together on a (remote) print
server. While I'm willing to hack some Perl together to do it,
I don't find the places where to hook in. At least I don't
really see the spots these mails are generated and sent, and
would also like some more things like reasonably named temporary
files where I can stick the transmitted faxes in while waiting for
the transmission report. But the jobs seem to come in on stdin,
so I miss something like a job number (when hooking into
ps2fax). Other suggestions, please?

Hacking this in C/C++ is not-so-very-desirable since I had tough
times getting this all to compile well enough with the settings
I wanted :/ ... that's hylafax-v4.0pl2 and -4.0.2 or so.

Best Regards,
--Toni++