From: Matthias Reich [mailto:rei@hagos.de]
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2000 10:44 PM
To: hylafax-users@hylafax.org
Cc: Brendin Emslie
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] Looking for High Volume faxers - 1000's per
day

Brendin Emslie schrieb:

> We are using HylaFAX under Redhat 6.1 and are sending out 1300+ faxes per
> day using 4 modems.  We have a problem where a fax job will get stuck on a
> tty.  It can be removed by killing the process but Hylafax is not able to
> send another job without error until the system is rebooted.  I believe
most
> users never encounter this error as the average outbound fax load is much
> less than ours.
>
> I am looking for high volume fax users (1000 faxes or more a day).  Has
> anyone ever had this problem?  If so do you have a workaround?
>
> Can the current HylaFAX developers comment on this issue.  I am willing to
> cooperate fully with them to try and correct this problem.

/dev/null
Hi Brendin,

I'm running 10 Hylafax Servers und Solaris 2.4/2.5 and one on redhat 6.1
we are sending between 500 and 2000 faxes per day on each.
I got four modems connected each but never a problem like yours,
It's just running fine, apart from some minor annoyances with some
dest-fax-machines.
We have 4.0pl2 on the Solaris-machines and the 4.1 on the linuxbox.
As modems we use Multitech MT1432, ZDX 56000 and some Elsa Microlink
28.8 TQV

What about;
/etc/init.d/hylafax stop; /etc/init.d/hylafax start
are any faxes sent afterwards or do you really have to reboot the system
?

/matthias
--
HAGOS eG                 phone: +49 711 7880592
Matthias Reich             fax: +49 711 7880599