Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax on FreeBSD

At 11:48 AM 7/24/2000 Odhiambo Washington sez:

>Thanks again. I did exactly the same thing abd it failed.
>Now I am sure it will work for me. I have to rebuild a clean system
>though. and I am not a good expert on UNIX but I need it clean.
>Tell me if you are using a printer on 3.5 BSD to test. I haven't been able
>to configure my printer either ;-)

Since you say you're new to Unix and you are already having problems with
BSD requiring you to reinstall, you might consider Redhat Linux 6.2 simply
because of the sheer numbers of people able to give you support. Also,
starting with RPM's to install software is a pretty significant help
getting a new package going.

I say this because of my pleasant experience with Redhat Linux.

Paul Franz

PAF Consulting Engineers       |  427 - 140th Ave NE
(425)641-8202 voice            |  Bellevue, WA 98005
(801)749-8480 fax              |  <http://blackdog.bellevue.wa.us/>