[hylafax-users] Truncated sent pages

Ok, I finnally got Hyla set up reasonably well, but now I have this
issue that only the first inch of each page is recieved.  Looking at the
tif files in the queue, they look fine, and don't appear truncated, but
when they come out the fax machine at the other end (hardware fax
machine, not software) only the first inch of each page gets sent
(albiet each on it's own page).  I looked through the archive and
gathered that this is a flow control issue, but I have tried rtscts and
xonxoff.  Neither seems to make a difference.  Could this be a
negotiation of capabilities issue?  To tell the truth, I don't know much
about modem technology, but those seem to me like to most likely
issues.  If it didn't send the second page, I'd assume the connection
was being broken, but as it'll send the first inch of any number of
pages, this doesn't seem to be it.  Anyway, I'm running linux 2.2.12 w/
hylafax-4.1beta2-5rh6 and libtiff-3.4-6 on 2 MT5600ZDX modems
(external).  Send only environment w/o faxgetty.  My config.ttyS0 file
is attached below. (Note: I have tested it with xonxoff and rtscts as
the flow control)  Thanks for any help/advise.  -Dan Schleifer

CountryCode:            1
AreaCode:               804
FAXNumber:              9841001
LongDistancePrefix:     1
InternationalPrefix:    011
DialStringRules:        etc/dialrules
ServerTracing:          11
SessionTracing:         11
RecvFileMode:           0600
LogFileMode:            0600
DeviceMode:             0600
RingsBeforeAnswer:      1
SpeakerVolume:          off
GettyArgs:              "-h %l dx_%s"
LocalIdentifier:        "NothingSetup"
TagLineFont:            etc/lutRS18.pcf
TagLineFormat:          "From %%l|%c|Page %%p of %%t"
MaxRecvPages:           25
#
#
# Modem-related stuff: should reflect modem command interface
# and hardware connection/cabling (e.g. flow control).
#
ModemHardFlowCmd:       AT&E4           # hardware flow control
ModemSoftFlowCmd:       AT&E5           # software flow control
ModemSetupDTRCmd:       AT&D3           # setup so DTR drop resets modem
ModemSetupDCDCmd:       AT&C1           # setup so DCD reflects carrier
(or not)
ModemFlowControl:       xonxoff
ModemType:              Class2          # use this to supply a hint
ModemRate:              19200           # max rate for DCE-DTE
communication
Class2RecvDataTrigger:  "\022"          # character sent to modem to
start recv
Class2XmitWaitForXON:   no              # if true, wait for XON before
send

--
Dan Schleifer | 804.242.5088 | dansch@tacticalsolutions.com
               Professional Problem Solver