[hylafax-users] outbound fax troubles

This is an update to an earlier post.

I have three Multi-Tech modems connected to a Linux 6.0 server via a
Cyclades multiport serial adapter card.

Though I am interested in a send-only configuration, I have set up faxgetty
to run from inittab in the appropriate run levels (3, 4, and 5).  After
HUPing init, the faxgetty's were launched, and "faxstat -s" reports:

HylaFAX scheduler on guiness: Running
Modem ttyC0 (+1.999.555.1212): Running and idle
Modem ttyC1 (+1.999.555.1212): Running and idle
Modem ttyC2 (+1.999.555.1212): Running and idle

JID  Pri S  Owner Number       Pages Dials     TTS Status
7    127 W jwoods 9970773       0:0   0:12
8    127 W jwoods 9952260       0:0   0:12

The problem is that these jobs have been sitting in the queue for nearly 30
minuites.

Before running faxgetty, I was only able to use one of the three modems to
come "on line", as recognized by faxstat.  I was able to send a fax through
the modem which was reported as online on two occasions.

Why would the faxes just sit in the queue?  I've checked for access problems
(hfaxd and faxq both run as uucp, and the ownership on the directories is
okay...), and have not changed anything (other than inittab) since
successfully sending through the single modem configuration.