[hylafax-users] Re: Waiting for modem ready...

Double-check that you have the following:

run '/usr/sbin/ntsysv' and confirm that the hylafax line is ticked
review your /etc/inittab file and confirm that there is a faxgetty entry
If both of the above check out, then it very likely *is* the config file.
I've seen USR/3Com cases where restarting the process actually helps the
modem initialize.

Lee Howard