From: Matthias Reich [mailto:rei@hagos.de]
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2000 3:17 AM
To: flexfax@sgi.com
Cc: Michael Stöckel
Subject: Re: flexfax: Viewer for ms-windows

Michael Stöckel wrote:

> I installed WHFC on a ms-windows workstation to send and view faxes.
>
> Because there was no option to view sent faxes, I looked for a
> postscript viewer and downloaded ghostcript for windows (6 MB-zip).
> After installation I found, this was no viewer. So I downloaded
> the additional package Gsview (1 MB-zip). After that I
> saw a nag-screen and the option to pay 40 Australian dollars.
>
> I didn't like this downloading adventure.
> My question is: is there any free postscript viewer for
> ms-Windows which is able to view hylafax-faxes?

why do you need a PS-Viewer ??
the incoming faxes are tiff-files, what about a tiff-viewer, or
just convert the tiff in pdf and view them with acrobat-reader.
there are surely much more possibilities to view your faxes.
<<man faxrcvd>> helps you to do that automatically.

HIH
/Matthias
--
HAGOS eG                 phone: +49 711 7880592
Matthias Reich             fax: +49 711 7880599