Re: Hylafax Installation -- A Plea for Help

  Dave> Just what is it with the USR's that make them not work?  IIRC, WinFax
  Dave> actually suggests these modems as the modem of choice...

USRs are OK in Class1. Sometimes. HylaFAX still does not like them a lot of
the time even in Class1. See my retraction on one model just recently ;-)

IIRC most of the personal (Windoze) fax apps drive modems in Class1, the
simplest and most reliable way to operate in a low-latency, high resource
setup such as a single workstation.

Basically, they work on the principle of lowest common denominator, and they
get away with it most of the time! Just think of the test bed they have . . .
if we had that many users pounding on HylaFAX I bet we'd pretty rapidly build
up a robust set of modem configs to cope with most models, and we'd be driving
them in Class 2 as well!

;-)

-Darren