destcntrls

I am having trouble getting destcntrls to work. When I enable it, faxq gets
killed.

Here is what I did:

1) I added this line to /var/spool/fax/etc/config

DestControls:         etc/destcontrols.txt

I did it manually. Should I have used one of the config scripts?

2) I created /var/spool/fax/etc/destcontrols.txt with these two entries:

^[+]12062222826$ RejectNotice = "This number reaches a voice recording and
will not accept a FAX"
^[+]14256411773$ RejectNotice = "Cannot send to self - resend via e-mail to
<faxmaster@blackdog.bellevue.wa.us>"

I think HylaFax has a facility for automagically making entries to the
Reject Notice. How is it done? What should I do to make it work.

The above regex might be faulty. How do I actually dump a record it is
examining?

So, can anyone offer a suggestions?

The second line of my destcontrols.txt file is a lame attempt at what I
really want done and that is to e-mail the fax to me instead of trying to
send it via fax. You see the problem is that this number will always be
busy since it is the line being used to send with.

How have others handled this problem - that is a request to send a fax to
your own number? I was hoping that this would have been built in since the
config file specifies the phone number of the fax.

Paul Franz

PAF Consulting Engineers       |  427 - 140th Ave NE
(425)641-8202 voice            |  Bellevue, WA 98005
(801)749-8480 fax              |  <http://blackdog.bellevue.wa.us/>